Maulden Neighbourhood Plan
Maulden is now a Designated Neighbourhood Area.
A group of volunteers has offered to help Maulden Parish Council to create a Neighbourhood Plan.
Neighbourhood planning gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area. They are able to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, have their say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided, and grant planning permission for the new buildings they want to see go ahead. Neighbourhood planning provides a powerful set of tools for local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community where the ambition of the neighbourhood is aligned with the strategic needs and priorities of the wider local area.
You can email the committee via this form [contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Committee/Working Group members. Contact details for the members of the committee are available via the Secretary. Subcommittee and working group roles are indicated after each person
- Alan Plom (Chair) (also lead of Infrastructure working group)
- Simon Barnes (Vice Chair)(also lead of Housing and Communications)
- Lesley Illingworth (secretary)
- Sarah Michael (Treasurer)
- Simon Ratcliffe(Project Manager)
Working Group leaders not listed above
- David Bailey (Regulation)
- Cllr Roger Ball (MPC) (Envrironment
- Mark Bingham (Social Education & Welfare)
Supported by (non-voting) External Advisors
- Sally Chapman (Central Beds Council)
- Jemma MacLean (BRCC)
- Siobhan Vincent (Central Beds Council)
Other Working Group Members
- Cllr Phil Allen
- Mike Browning
- Marilyn Caves
- Nigel Coote
- Cllr John Coyle
- Malcolm Crawford
- David Illingworth
- Cllr Christine Inskip
- Rob Murphy
- Harriet Lockey
- Ruth Plom
- Julian Smith
Other members are actively being sought and volunteers for specific areas of interest to join subcommittees are most welcome
Purpose of the Committee
Definition and Purpose of the Steering Group:
The purpose of the Maulden Neighbourhood Plan (MNP) Steering Group is to create or to assist the Parish Council to create a Neighbourhood Plan (and possibly an interim Community Plan) for the village of Maulden, within its parish boundary as defined by Central Bedfordshire Council (CBC), for the benefit of the parish as a whole.
The Group will consult, assist and report to Maulden Parish Council (MPC). [nb. Only the Parish Council has the statutory authority to adopt a Neighbourhood Plan in a parish area.]
Such plan to be suitable for adoption by referendum (based on a majority of those voting) and to comply with all of the requirements of the relevant elements of the Town & Country Planning Act and Localism Act as apply.
The committee will undertake a program of work, consultation, surveys, and studies to provide independent and statistically valid evidence as well as a range of non-quantitative studies and discussion group reports upon which a Neighbourhood Plan can be created.
Fundamentally, the committee exists to listen to the people who live and work in Maulden and find ways to express their needs, desires and vision for Maulden in 2035.
The Maulden Village Neighbourhood Planning Committee is committed to transparency and engagement with the community. Minutes of meetings will be made available online and can be inspected. Copies are also provided to Maulden Parish Council.
- NHP Minutes – 23 Feb 2016
- NHP Minutes – March 2016 – No Meeting
- NHP Minutes – April 2016 – No Meeting
- NHP Minutes – 31 May 2016
- NHP Minutes – 29 June 2016
- NHP Minutes – 27 July 2016
- NHP Minutes – August 2016
- NHP Minutes – 28 September 2016
- NHP Minutes – October 2016
- NHP Minutes – November 2016
- NHP Minutes – December 2016 – No Meeting
- NHP Minutes – January 2017
- NHP Minutes – February 2017
- NHP Minutes – March 2017
- NHP Minutes – April 2017
- NHP Minutes – May 2017
- NHP Minutes – June 2017
- NHP Minutes – July 2017
- NHP Minutes – August 2017
- NHP Minutes – September 2017
- NHP Minutes – October 2017
- NHP Minutes – November 2017
- NHP Minutes – January 2018
You are welcome
Meetings are [almost] always on last Wednesday of the Month at 8pm. Meetings are held in upstairs meeting room of The George, by kind permission of the Landlord.